Packages have a way of arriving when you’re not home. To help out, we are happy to accept parcels delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf.
Insurance:While renter’s insurance is not a requirement of your residency at Braeburn Village, we strongly encourage all of our residents to obtain renter’s insurance. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and can pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at Braeburn Village, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime.
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: (317) 327-6200
Fire Department: (317) 327-6041
Elementary: Pleasant Run Elementary
Middle School/Junior High: Stonybrook Intermediate Academy
High School: Warren Central
Within 48 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a Braeburn Village associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we’ll take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the Braeburn Village office. We will do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
(Stoppage or Overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact a local locksmith.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please don’t hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to help!
CARING FOR YOUR APARTMENT
To keep your home in the best condition as possible, you can eliminate unnecessary work orders by:
- Do not flush feminine hygiene products, cotton rounds, paper towels, napkins, baby wipes, or cat litter
- Do not put celery, cabbage, bones, banana or potato peels, coffee grounds, or eggshells in the garbage disposal.
- Do not pour grease down drains.
CARING FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
One of the things our residents find most attractive about Braeburn Village is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Patios should be clear of any trash and blinds in good condition.
Noise can be a nuisance, and at Braeburn Village, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Please place all trash inside the chute. If it does not fit inside, residents are not permitted to leave trash outside of the compactor. Furniture that is too large for the compactor must be disposed of elsewhere by the resident. If resident is not sure of where to take items, please call the leasing office for information.
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacle. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door. We love to see a standard front door mat, potted plant, and seasonal decor gracing your entry, but anything else doesn’t really help in our community efforts to keep things looking neat and clean.
- Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas or hallways.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Patios should be cleared of any and all trash and debris. Resident is responsible for maintaining the area inside of the patio.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation isn’t allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office. We will take care of it.
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
Braeburn Village the only community on the east side to offer a relaxing swimming pool, an on-site day care facility and up to a 1-year FREE membership with the new Get Fit!
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles without an appropriate Braeburn Village-issued parking sticker displayed
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash compacter or other vehicles
Residents are able to rent a personal carport for $10 a month in addition to their rent amount. Vehicles must display Braeburn Village-issued parking sticker for the carport assigned, or vehicle can be towed at owner’s expense.
Dogs and cats are welcome at Braeburn Village, but we do have a few restrictions:
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment.
- Pets larger than 40lbs are welcome only in a townhome.
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, and Rottweilers.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- Sorry, but we can’t allow any wild, exotic, endangered, or poisonous animals to be in residence at Braeburn Village.
- For the community’s rules about other types of pets, please check with the office. We’ll be happy to provide more information.
RENT PAYMENT AND LEASE AGREEMENT
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment. Please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $25 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the second Tuesday of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $30 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
Residents are responsible to pay a flat rate dependent on their apartment size for their water usage each month in addition to their rent. They are also responsible to pay for their gas and electric usage to the appropriate utility companies.
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you will be required to pay monthly rent premiums over and above the stated market rent. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 30-day written notice to vacate.
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. As a result, a notice to move out from one roommate is considered as a notice from all roommates residing in the apartment.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At Braeburn Village we are committed to the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom, and six occupants in a three-bedroom floor plan. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.